Ceri Pritchard was born in 1954, son of Welsh artists Gwilym Prichard and Claudia Williams. He grew up in Llangefni, Anglesey and attended the David Hughes Secondary School, Menai Bridge. After five schools and two terms at technical college he enrolled at Liverpool School of Art. He graduated in 1976 with a Ist class hons, following this he is awarded the prestigious John Moores Scholarship which allows him an extra year at the Liverpool Art School. In 1978 he continued his studies at St Martins School of Art, London on an advanced course in Fine Art.
Following a period of time working as a decorator and then carpenter for the National Trust, Ceri traveled widely, living and working in New York, Berlin, Paris and spending many years in France and more recently Mexico. Alternating his creative work with private teaching, construction and a myriad of unusual occupations. His creativeity has evolved over the years and drawing on an expanding repertoire of encounters and experiences. As well as creating sculptures and paintings he has worked with sound and video. He has exhibited widely both in his homeland and abroad.
Leaving Mexico permanently in 2015, he has now returned to to his celtic origins in the wilds of North Wales.