• Clay is one of the most fundamental of all materials. Working with clay we involve all four elements; we refine it from the earth, make it malleable with water, when formed we allow the air slowly to dry it until finally it is given up to fire to be transformed.
• Figures are hand built – form, balance, expression and the allusion to movement are at the centre of practice.
• The birds are a metaphor for the joy and beauty of the natural world – of which we are a part – but also a reminder of the poignant transience of existence and the imperilled state of the delicate balance that sustains life.
• Work is exhibited nationally and internationally and held in private collections in UK , Eire, France, Holland and Switzerland.
Click to view full size
8. 95x25x25cm 9. 90x20x15cm - Ceramic, Stone, Wood and Wire